In the majority of cases, accommodations for employees with disabilities involve low cost or no cost measures. The employee’s home department is responsible for funding accommodations. In the event the cost of accommodations exceeds the capacity for funding at the department level, the department should solicit the responsible Dean or Vice Chancellor for financial assistance. If the cost of accommodations exceeds the capacity for funding at the Dean or Vice Chancellor level, the Office of the Chancellor and Provost should be solicited for financial assistance. Questions regarding funding accommodations and requests for funding assistance from the Office of the Chancellor and Provost should be directed to the ADA Compliance Officer.
Further information about employment related accommodations for faculty/academic appointees
- Policies and Procedures for faculty with disabilities
- UC Davis APM 035 - Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination in Employment
- UC Davis APM 500 - Faculty Recruitment Policies
- University of California APM 710 - Leave of Absences/Sick Leave/Medical Leave
- University of California APM 711 - Reasonable Accommodation for Academic Appointees with Disabilities
- University of California APM 715 - Leaves of Absence/Family and Medical Leave