If you are planning to host an event at UC Davis, please consider that as a host, you are required to provide accommodations to attendees so they can interact with others at your event. Please ensure that you leave contact information for attendees to request event accommodations. You may also want to consider putting a standard accessibility statement on all publicity regarding the event, such as the following:
"UC Davis is committed to making its programs accessible to persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate in this event because of a disability, please contact 'name of event organized' at least two weeks prior to the program with information regarding the requested accommidation."
In the case that you do have requests to make your event accessible, here are some contacts:
Deaf/Hard of Hearing Accommodations
Sign interpretation: If a sign language interpreter will be needed, make arrangements in advance. Student Disability Services can be contacted for recommended interpreters.
FM transmitter/receiver OR Infrared receiver (only available in certain areas)
- Staff/Faculty contact Academic Technology Services (ATS) through the ATS website or ATS email.
- Students please contact the Student Disability Center (SDC) at email@example.com.
CART/Interpreting services (live/local/remote)
- Staff/Faculty/Students contact the SDC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff/Faculty/Students contact ATS through the ATS website or ATS email.
- Third Party Vendors
- Schedule events in wheelchair accessible buildings and rooms. Make sure accessible restrooms are available and that there are no obstacles blocking the path of travel to the building,room, or restrooms.
- Please contact facility coordinator or equipment rental agency to ensure number of accessible seating available. If the location is providing the chairs, they can layout the chairs for accessible seating as required. (Mondavi and UC Davis Stadium have limited accessible seats)
Ramps for stages
- Please contact Conference and Events Services (CES).
Audio\Braille descriptions of events
- Please contact email@example.com 5 days before materials are needed, or use the SDC web portal to convert your materials into text/braille formats.
Please see our web page about Service Animals
- Additional staff may be required to assist those with disabilities interact with others and get around the event. Please plan accordingly.
- To accommodate special dietary requirements, please list ingredients used within food provided.
- For student hosted events, the SDC will attempt to accommodate attendees’ needs if there are no other students registered for services at the time of the event, otherwise a third party vendor(s) may be suggested.
*Please note that all accessible seating arrangements are on a first come first serve basis.